Anders Wall Foundation from Stockholm in association with the European Commission, Directorate General for the Environment, Brussels, the Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry and the “Friends of the Countryside”, has decided to introduce an award for individuals who have made a special contribution to the rural environment within the European Union.
Anders Wall Award grants a prize to private individuals who have made a special contribution to the rural environment within the European Union.
– Only private enterprises can enter the competition.
– Their actions must be of importance at multiple levels: local, national and/or European.
– The actions must be based on the use of quality instruments and management practices which contribute to the improvement of the quality of the environment.
Their achievements should preferably include the following elements:
– Preserving and enhancing the landscape.
– Providing biodiversity.
– Preserving the countryside’s cultural heritage.
– Contributing to sustainable economic local development.
The Heihuyzen Estate and Christophe Lenaerts received a prize of €15,000.